Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Bergummo's Tower

I'm preparing my second adventure for sale on DM's Guild (my first being Elf-bane), and this is the first part of the dungeon map -- the crumbling tower of a long-dead wizard. 

When I first started tinkering with Roll20 in 2015, my friend John, whom I've played D&D with since my freshman year in college and who lives in a different state, popped on and rolled up a character. I built an adventure on the spot and ran his new wizard character plus an NPC fighter through "Bergummo's* Tower." It's what hooked both of us on the potential for online gaming to allow us to play together again after many years.

Despite being created pretty much on-the-fly, the adventure really worked. It laid the initial groundwork for what would become a 5-1/2-year long campaign that, at one point, had 8 players. The campaign concluded in epic fashion after 118 sessions back in August of 2020.

I always regarded the initial adventure as a great success, so I've gone back and retooled it, expanded it quite a bit, and created new maps. I'm pretty proud of how it's turned out, so here's a sneak-peek. I'm going to run my Tuesday night Roll20 group through it as a playtest, then I'll make any necessary tweaks and publish it.

*Bergummo is an obscure name I pulled from something. If anyone knows the reference, I'll send you a free pdf of the adventure.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rotting Effects in D&D

As I re-acquaint myself with the rules of Basic / Advanced D&D , I'm remembering some of the odd bits and pieces of the game that we...