The Level 1 map is fully generated. I actually completed it back in July, but I wanted to get my dungeon generation walkthrough posts completed before I showed the finished piece. I still haven't decided on doing a walkthrough post of the mapping rolls for Zone P. Those posts are quite a bit of labor and I'm not sure it would add anything to what I've already written. My real-life project is taking up a ton of my time and I still have a lot of work to do if I'm going to launch this campaign in the fall.
Anyhoo, here's the finished map. As with my earlier progress posts, the actual map image is too big for blogger, so this is a lower-res (1500 x 1500 px) image. A full-size (7200 x 7200 px) image can be found here.
I still need a surface map and a map for Level 2, plus I need to stock everything, but I'm not done with my monster and treasure tables. I mean, I could start right now if I needed to and just wing it, but I like to be more prepared than this, especially when I'm introducing sci-fi elements to a non-traditional fantasy setting. I want to set all this up properly so my players understand what's going on and can quickly grasp how to get started.
Very happy with how this map turned out and I'm really impressed by how well the tables work. I used to dismiss those random tables as kind of pointless, but it sure was fun watching the dungeon unfold before me. I can't wait to stock it and then throw my players into the fray.

No comments:
Post a Comment