To be sure, I'm not lighting the gaming world on fire and I certainly can't retire on the income, but it's nice to know my creative output has found some interest among other DMs. I wish I could hear how they played out for different parties.
I've been playing D&D in some form since I was 13, and I'll be 60 next year. There are few things that have been as big a constant in my life as this hobby. I had dreams of making a living doing this when I was a kid, so being able to contribute something to the game, even if its leaving just a teeny-tiny mark, feels pretty good.
I have a fourth adventure that I'm almost ready to put out, but real-life projects are soaking up much of my writing time. Adventures 5 and 6 are waiting in the wings as well. My goal was to put out six this year, but I think I'll be hard-pressed to meet that at this point. I *should* be able to get adventure #5 out by year's end, though.
I've also got my entry for Ben Gibson's Adventure Site Contest IV completed, even though the submissions don't start until November. It's called, "OGRERAHK", and it is, indeed, a lair full of ogres in a big rock. It's a wholly new adventure that I hope to playtest in coming weeks, then I can fine-tune it and be contest-ready by the fall. Here's a sneak preview of level 1.
I'm on the short-list (or, rather, the short-bus) again for judging this year's contest. I had a great time judging ASCII, but I think I'll take a different approach to the written reviews this go-around. Previously, I took a super-deep dive into each one but I'm not sure how useful the results were. It's not that I minded going that in-depth, it just took a long time to do each review and I don't have a lot of that to spare these days. Especially given that we could have upwards of 40 to 50 entries this year (if the growth trend holds up). I'm excited to get my hands on a bunch of freshly-minted adventures, though.


No comments:
Post a Comment